True North Owner and Co-Founder Ty Maves was excited to reconnect with Joanna Lilley, host of a new podcast called Success is Subjective to share a bit of his story and some thoughts about emerging adulthood. Joanna is the owner and founder of Lilley Consulting, a firm that is dedicated to all things related to emerging adulthood. She works with families to identify therapeutic resources, gap year programs, and to support college success for young adults. Joanna’s journey to this work began as a guide at True North during the very early days. We are so proud to count her as part of the True North family.
In this June 24, 2020 episode, topics discussed include:
- You don’t have to follow the herd!
- It’s okay to switch colleges if it’s not a good “fit.”
- For parents: how to respond when your kid tells you they aren’t returning to college
- Taking a break during college is totally okay!
- Happiness (although subjective) is more important than being forced to do something that doesn’t feel right (i.e. be in college)!
- Your interests change over time! Ty specifically loved Psychology in his 20’s and now is fascinated by leadership and optimizing business!
- Trust your gut; especially if it’s telling you to take a break!
- College isn’t going anywhere!
- What’s to come!
Learn more about Joanna and her practice
by follow her on Lilley Consulting on
Instagram, Facebook, and www.lilleyconsulting.com.